Skip Navigation

Health Insurance Requirement

All J-1 Exchange Visitors and their J-2 dependents are required by the U.S. Department of State to have health insurance for the entire period of their stay in the U.S.

The State University of New York (SUNY) also requires participants in international educational exchange (e.g. J-1 Exchange Visitors) to have health insurance coverage that meets SUNY’s requirements.

See below to be directed to the Student Health Service’s website for information on your International Student Health Insurance coverage, rates, and more.

Student Health Service

Login to Edit