Holiday Schedule For State Employees
September 2019 through September 2020
An employee who is eligible to observe holidays and is required to work on a holiday, shall be granted a compensatory day off, mutually convenient to the employee and the supervisor.
It must be taken within one year of the date it is earned.
|Labor Day||Monday||September 2, 2019|
|Columbus Day **||Monday||October 14, 2019|
|Election Day *||Tuesday||November 5, 2019|
|Veterans' Day *||Monday||November 11, 2019|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday||November 28, 2019|
|Christmas Day||Wednesday||December 25, 2019|
|New Year's Day||Wednesday||January 1, 2020|
|Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||Monday||January 20, 2020|
|Lincoln's Birthday *||Wednesday||February 12, 2020|
|Washington's Birthday *||Monday||February 17, 2020|
|Memorial Day||Monday||May 25, 2020|
|Independence Day||Saturday||July 4, 2020|
|Labor Day||Monday||September 7, 2020|
* CLASSES WILL BE IN SESSION AND OFFICES WILL REMAIN OPEN ON
Election Day, Veterans' Day, Lincoln's Birthday and Washington's Birthday.
** OFFICES WILL REMAIN OPEN ON Columbus Day.
- PART TIME CIVIL SERVICE EMPLOYEES ASSOCIATION (CSEA) & PUBLIC EMPLOYEES FEDERATION (PEF) EMPLOYEE
- who are eligible to observe holidays, are entitled to observe only those holidays that fall on days when they are regularly scheduled to work or required to work.
- FLOATING HOLIDAYS - CSEA, PEF & MANAGEMENT/CONFIDENTIAL EMPLOYEES
Full-time employees who are eligible to observe holidays and work on Election Day and/or Lincoln's Birthday will be credited with a floating holiday.
- Full-time employees, for whom Election Day and/or Lincoln's Birthday are pass days, will be credited with a floating holiday.
- Eligible Part-time employees will be credited with a floating holiday if they are regularly scheduled to work, or are directed to work on Election Day, and/or Lincoln's Birthday.
- Full-time employees who are eligible to observe holidays and work on Election Day and/or Lincoln's Birthday will be credited with a floating holiday.
- UNITED UNIVERSITY PROFESSIONS EMPLOYEES (UUP)
- Election Day is a fixed holiday.
- The day after Thanksgiving is observed as a holiday.
- Lincoln's Birthday is not an observed holiday.
- PBANYS & NYSCOPBA EMPLOYEES
- Security Services and Security Supervisors observe all holidays as listed (no floating holidays).
- GRADUATE STUDENT EMPLOYEE UNION (GSEU)
- Observe holidays listed when classes are not in session.
WEST CAMPUS EMPLOYEES: TIME & ATTENDANCE, HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES AT 631-632-6181
FOR HOSPITAL, LONG ISLAND'S VETS HOME, & TECH PARK EMPLOYEES: HOSPITAL TIMEKEEPING AT 631-444-4370